Irish Soda Bread Recipe using a bread machine

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone! I love Irish Soda Bread. One year when I was expecting my last child I had to get my hands on a loaf of Irish Soda Bread. Well I couldn't find it any where so I decided to bake one myself. This is the recipe I found on the internet. I hope you will try it and enjoy it! :D

*Put the machine on the dough cycle.
To the bread machine- add liquids first
Add 1 cup water
2 tablespoons butter melted
3 tablespoons buttermilk* if not on hand use regular milk with a little lemon juice-let it sit a few minutes then add in.
3 cups all purpose flour *tip add a little high gluten flour this mimics bread flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
*optional 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
1/2 teaspoons baking soda
2 1/2 teaspoons dry yeast
Add the **1/2 cup raisins about 15-20 minutes before it completes it's cycle.
Remove the dough from the bread machine.
Cut into 2 round loaves and place on a baking sheet.
Brush the top of the bread with butter and sprinkle some natural cane sugar on top.
Bake at 375 degrees for about 35 minutes or until golden.
Serve with butter and honey-mmmmm

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Italian Knot Cookies or Anginetti Cookies

Venetian Layered Cookies

Nonna Gallo's Traditional Meat Lasagna